Princess Tarhata Kiram of Sulu

(Philippine Stamp Issued in 1984)

My grandfather (father side) told me a lot of stories when I was a child. He told me that my grandmother was from a royal family in Sulu, Mindanao because she was the daughter of Princess Tarhata Kiram. My grandma ran away with my grandpa Juan Coz and left her family in Mindanao just to be with him in Mindoro. She then converted from Muslim to Roman Catholic. She even changed her name from Darrah Kiram to Lourdes Kiram. 


I know that my father and his siblings right now, wanted to know and to meet their relatives in Mindanao, but unfortunately they didn't have the chance to do it. Both of their parents are now dead and the real identity of Darrah Kiram is still unknown. 


As the grandchild, I myself, is also puzzled by the real identity of my grandma. I tried to search but unfortuantely there are no records showing that Princess Tarhata had a daughter. Who she is? Who are her family? Is she really the "daughter" of the famous Princess of Sulu, Princess Tarhata Kiram or just her relative?


I would love to know who my ancestors are and to learn more about our family history. 



More related histories of Princess Tarhata Kiram;


Http://vincemd.blogspot.se/2010/04/tarhata-kiram-on-stamps.html?m=1/


Https://www.facebook.com/filipinospatriotism/videos/502698006496397/

No comments :

 
Home | My Articles | Jazmine | About